Wondering how to start running? Trying to get back to running after a long break or simply trying to start running when you are so inundated with your daily chores?
Take it from us: running is a great way to get fit, to clear your head, and even to form relationships with other runners. However, beginning a new exercise regimen can be tricky, especially as it means you are trying to squeeze time out of your usual routines, and also trying to make a habit that you want to continue.
Yet, starting a new running habit doesn’t have to be difficult. All it takes is a comfortable pair of shoes and a willingness to start moving at your own pace. Our four-step guide makes it easy to get started, get inspired, and stay on track.
How to Start Running – 04 Simple Strategies:
1. Come up with a plan
If thinking about what you will need to start running, when you will run, and how to track your fitness progress feels overwhelming, don’t worry. The Joggo app has you covered. When you sign up in the app, you’ll gain access to:
- Personalized running plan that adapts to you, including tailored week-by-week running workouts that you can stick to easily, warm-up and cool-down exercise videos to improve your performance, and access to educational articles on nutrition, health, and much more.
- Progress tracker to see how far you’ve come, enabling you to assess your progress all in one place, know exactly where you are in your fitness journey, and celebrate your victories, overcome obstacles, and keep your motivation high each time you go for a run.
- Nutrition tips and balanced meal plans that are designed to complement your running routine while promoting muscle growth and fat loss with delicious meals high in lean protein.
2. Invest in a good pair of shoes
Choosing comfortable, supportive shoes for running is key. Head to a reputable shoe store and try on a few pairs of running shoes, jog around the store, and let your feet decide. In a review of the science on running shoes and injuries, researchers found that the most important feature of a running shoe is comfort. Choose a shoe that feels good to you.
3. Find your running community
For many runners, one of the greatest parts of the sport is belonging to a running community. Running friends give us support, motivation, and empower us to get up and go, especially when we don’t feel like running.
The good news? Runners are everywhere, from neighborhoods and parks to city streets. If you’re looking for other runners, remember to check out groups on social media, too. You’ll be sure to find at least one group that aligns with your goals.
4. Focus on injury prevention.
One of the key reasons why even the most motivated people might quit their running routine are injuries. Unfortunately, nobody is safe from an occasional sprained ankle or more complex issues such as runners’ knee or stress fractures.
Surprisingly, with little caution and following some best practices, one can prevent most of these injuries. Overtraining and inadequate footwear are some of the most common problems that can ruin your routine. Luckily, weight training and stretching can help prevent injuries.
Why Use Running Assistance App
A reputable running training app that helps runners fall in love with their run, reach their goals, and get the endorphins flowing. These features include:
- Personalized running plan
- Educational content on running and healthy lifestyles
- Engaging reward system
- In-house specialist consultations
- Runner-inspired meal plans.
Joggo was designed specifically to help its users avoid the pitfalls of starting a running routine. Not just a run tracker, the joggo running app has implemented a reward system when after the run, the user is rewarded with points that bring them to the next running level.
Your Joggo running program ensures that you can avoid injuries or successfully recover after them. You can never be ready for an injury, but with Joggo, you will always be prepared for dealing with it.